Thursday, June 30, 2016

» ‘I started sleeping with my daughter out of frustration’ – 41-year- old man says

A 41-year-old man, Raymond Anyanwu, who
reportedly raped and impregnated his 15 years
old daughter, said that frustration led him into
the act. Anyanwu, who committed the offence
at Ajao Estate, Isolo, said:
“I started sleeping with my 15-year-old
daughter sometime around January, after I
lost my job. “I am a transporter, but I took to
alcohol after I lost my job and could not meet
up with my responsibilities as the head of the
house.”
Vanguard gathered that Raymond Anyanwu
sleeps with his daughter when his wife has
gone to work. However, trouble started after
the victim’s aunty suspected that she was
pregnant. After carrying out a test at home,
they discove-red she was pregnant. The
victim, it was learned, revealed that her father
was responsible for her pregnancy, and the
mother decided to play it down as a family
issue after her husband beat her up, warning
her not to disclose the incident to anyone.
Vanguard learned that Lagos State Ministry of
Youth and Social Development alerted the
police and the suspect was arrested last
Wednesday. Meanwhile, the victim’s mother
had arranged for an abortion, which had been
carried out before she was rescued and taken
into protective custody by the Lagos State
government.
The case, which is currently being investigated
at the Gender Unit of Lagos State Police
Command, will be charged to Ikeja
Magistrate’s Court today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

3 In 1 Quality Mens Plain Trousers- Black + Navy Blue + Ash

Chinos in a cotton twill base cloth with button fly. Machine washable. 98% Cotton, 2% Elastane. the best offer @ pocket friendly prices. a m...